Stay in the Know!
Latest Job Postings
- Temporary A/P Clerk: Alameda, CA (2015-02)
- Billing & Eligibility Processor: Alameda, CA (2015-75)
- Claims Customer Service Representative, Class III: Alameda, CA (2015-75)
- Billing & Eligibility Clerk (Temp to Perm): San Francisco, CA
- TEMPORARY Billing & Eligibility Processor – PS: Alameda, CA (2015-72)
Follow us on Twitter!My Tweets
Receive Updates via Email
Contract Administration and Negotiation, including:
- Administering and enforcing the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Interpreting contract language and responding to members’ inquiries.
- Serving as a liaison between members and employers.
- Informing and advising members on contract negotiations and MOUs.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements as assigned.
Member Advocacy, Engagement, Development and Organizing, including:
- Representing members in grievance cases and arbitrations.
- Supporting and advising members who are subject to disciplinary action.
- Representing members at pre-discharge meetings.
- Attending and advising members at meet-and-confer meetings.
- Collaborating with stewards, officers, and committees to ensure effective member representation.
- Attending local union meetings.
- Coordinating and leading various trainings.
- Possess five years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant work experience.
- Demonstrate interest in and aptitude for successful organizing.
- Be knowledgeable of the labor movement.
- Possess superior problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Communicate effectively.
- Be able to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment.
Salary: DOE with full medical benefits and pension plan.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To assure consideration submit application materials no later than Friday, August 14th, 2015.
OPEIU Local 3 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people from under-represented groups to apply for this position.
Thursday June 4th vote YES for the Union
901 Market St near 5th @NLRB office 4th floor
11:30am- 1:00pm & 2:45pm – 4:30pm
97+% of your coworkers signed a union card, now you have a chance to vote.
- The vote will be a secret ballot, your name will not be attached.
- The only person to handle your ballot will be you, and a Board Agent from the National Labor Relations Board.
- The employer is not allowed to pressure or threaten you.
- When the voting is finished, you will have a ‘say’ on who you want to be on the union team to bargain the first contract, and what the priorities are for you and your coworkers.
For information contact: OPEIU Local 3 ♦ 415-647-7776 x12 or ♦ email@example.com
Hear Robert Reich explain why and how we need to strengthen labor unions.
ASK THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO KEEP THEIR PROMISE TO DELIVER THE NEEDED $3.4 MILLION FUNDING FOR NONPROFITS
The supplemental to fund a .75% CODB allocation to nonprofits will be heard before the Board Tuesday, March 3rd, Board of Supervisors’ Meeting at 2 pm
WE NEED AT LEAST 6 VOTES FOR THE SUPPLEMENTAL TO PASS AND 8 TO BE VETO PROOF
Call or Email these Board Members and ask for their support:
Supervisor Norman Yee
(415) 554-6516 – voice
Supervisor Julie Christensen
(415) 554-7450 – voice
Supervisor London Breed
(415) 554-7630 – voice
Supervisor Malia Cohen
(415) 554-7670 – voice
Suggested Sample Call or Email:
Supervisor __________________, my name is ________, and I work at ______ , a city funded nonprofit. Nonprofit organizations—and their employees—serve San Francisco’s most vulnerable populations. We’ve have been hit hard by years of flat funding and small wage increases, and skyrocketing costs. San Francisco has the fastest growing economy and the highest income inequality in the country. You can fight inequality by providing some relief to nonprofit workers and the clients they serve. Approve the .75% CODB supplemental and show that you care about all of San Francisco’s residents.